Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Results from Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

First Results from Test Kit

Test kit arrived today. Here are my first results. Keep in mind we had heavy rain yesterday and I had shocked the pool on Sat morning.
    Also no CYA. The tube is cracked and leaks as fast as I can fill it. I have requested a new one.

FC 7.5
    PH 7.8
    CH 275
    TA 100

Keep in mind this is a new pool. Water in the pool going on 4th week this week.

Thoughts?

Terry
    32' 4" by 22' 4" Free Form Gunite Pool. 478 Sq Ft surface area, 95' perimeter, 14,895 Gallon Play Pool. Pentair SVRS, 60 Sq ft DE Filter, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump. 500 Watt LED light. Tegulia Table, Tanning Ledge and 3 Step entry. Plaster: Wet Edge Satin Matrix - Anitgua

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First Results from Test Kit

Not bad. Make sure the pH goes no higher. If in doubt, have a friend compare the shades of red with you to make sure. Over 7.8 "no bueno". If your pH climbs too fast over a few days, you can let the acid continue to bring the TA down to 60-70. That may help hold the pH lower longer.

CYA is everything for sanitation and clear water. It tells us what your FC should be. So let us know when that arrives. When you post chlorine results, try to separate FC and CC so we know the difference.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First Results from Test Kit

Will do. The Chlorine test result was a 5. I am keeping an eye on PH. It is actually down a tad from my first test with the builder kit. Will likely have to add some acid at some point. I have the water feature off. With the rain and water feature did not want the PH to go higher.
    32' 4" by 22' 4" Free Form Gunite Pool. 478 Sq Ft surface area, 95' perimeter, 14,895 Gallon Play Pool. Pentair SVRS, 60 Sq ft DE Filter, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump. 500 Watt LED light. Tegulia Table, Tanning Ledge and 3 Step entry. Plaster: Wet Edge Satin Matrix - Anitgua