Accidentally got some Simple Green in my pool...

Apr 28, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I was cleaning my deck and inadvertently got some Simple Green in my pool. Since it was already diluted and spread on the deck when it dripped in along the edge of the pool, I can't say how much actually got in there, but it was not much. My gun-to-the-head guess is at most a couple ounces. My pool is 10-12K gallons.. Should I worry about it, or do anything about it at this point?

You'll be fine. There's nothing in it that either won't be broken down by chlorine or is basically harmless.

I've heard of much worst items and quantities getting into the pool. :Brickwall: Eventually it should just dilute and you'll never even know it was there. Just continue with your normal pool chemistry and write on the chalkboard 50 times, "I will not put Simple Green in the pool". :)

Reactions: Texas Tony
I've heard of much worst items and quantities getting into the pool. :Brickwall:

Like the time a user wrote in and described dumping a gallon bottle of bleach into his swimming pool one night only to realize that the bottle was full of used motor oil instead fresh bleach....yeah, definitely a lot worse stuff has happened...

Like the time a user wrote in and described dumping a gallon bottle of bleach into his swimming pool one night only to realize that the bottle was full of used motor oil instead fresh bleach....yeah, definitely a lot worse stuff has happened...
How would someone do that without noticing? By doing it in the dark, or by being visually impaired? I would think even in that case the smell would get your attention. Wow, I feel a little silly now for worrying about a little Simple Green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.