Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Accidentally got some Simple Green in my pool...

1. Back To Top    #1

Arrow Accidentally got some Simple Green in my pool...

I was cleaning my deck and inadvertently got some Simple Green in my pool. Since it was already diluted and spread on the deck when it dripped in along the edge of the pool, I can't say how much actually got in there, but it was not much. My gun-to-the-head guess is at most a couple ounces. My pool is 10-12K gallons.. Should I worry about it, or do anything about it at this point?
    10,000-gallon inground pool, Jet Black PebbleTec / plaster
    Hayward S244S Sand Filter
    Hayward Super Pump, 2 HP
    Hayward AquaRite AQR9 / T-CELL-9 ECG
    Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Accidentally got some Simple Green in my pool...

You'll be fine. There's nothing in it that either won't be broken down by chlorine or is basically harmless.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

I've heard of much worst items and quantities getting into the pool. :Brickwall: Eventually it should just dilute and you'll never even know it was there. Just continue with your normal pool chemistry and write on the chalkboard 50 times, "I will not put Simple Green in the pool".
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you!
    Hayward Super Pump, 2 HP
    Polaris 360

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    I've heard of much worst items and quantities getting into the pool. :Brickwall:
    Like the time a user wrote in and described dumping a gallon bottle of bleach into his swimming pool one night only to realize that the bottle was full of used motor oil instead fresh bleach....yeah, definitely a lot worse stuff has happened...
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

Simple green is mild compared to my slinging a brand new running gas blower into mine...
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Like the time a user wrote in and described dumping a gallon bottle of bleach into his swimming pool one night only to realize that the bottle was full of used motor oil instead fresh bleach....yeah, definitely a lot worse stuff has happened...
    How would someone do that without noticing? By doing it in the dark, or by being visually impaired? I would think even in that case the smell would get your attention. Wow, I feel a little silly now for worrying about a little Simple Green.
    Hayward Super Pump, 2 HP
    Polaris 360

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by tempestuous View Post
    How would someone do that without noticing? By doing it in the dark, or by being visually impaired?
    Intoxicated? I know I'd be able to tell just from the way it slashed in the bottle.
    20,000 gal in-ground plaster pool with sand filter. Replastered recently. Mostly adding bleach and acid. CYA was high when I took over.