Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moulding question, its damaged, will it hurt pool. (pics)

1. Back To Top    #1

Moulding question, its damaged, will it hurt pool. (pics)

I have a white plastic moulding between coping and tile. It is begining to chip, its an old pool and came with the house.

I do not know what it is, or what it does. Is it cosmetic? Is it crucial to maintaining my pool? If so is it an easy fix...it doesnt look like it. 20160418_171552.jpg 20160418_171619.jpg

The chips are mainly on one side, the side gets most sun.
    3,500 gal, in-ground, exposed aggregate, Hayward Maxflo Sp2807x-10 1Hp pump and Hayward Star-Clear C12002 filter. Chlorine liquid.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Moulding question, its damaged, will it hurt pool. (pics)

Does anyone know what this is??

Thanks!
    3,500 gal, in-ground, exposed aggregate, Hayward Maxflo Sp2807x-10 1Hp pump and Hayward Star-Clear C12002 filter. Chlorine liquid.

3. Back To Top    #3

Bump..bump. I wouldn't know. I'm sure someone will be around shortly to help
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Looks like a piece of trim moulding. For sure, it is not an easy fix. I think you need to live with it for now.

Changing the subject, what are those vertical openings (cracks) in the decking above that trim. When water enters there, where does it drain to?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post

Changing the subject, what are those vertical openings (cracks) in the decking above that trim. When water enters there, where does it drain to?
    That seems to be part of the design of the deck? This is my first pool, so I appreciate all the tips. The water level NEVER gets that high, it is at its highest point in the first pic. It will lower itself to the point of the second pic in about 20 mins and then stay there.

Wont let me post a pic.

You can see an example of deck in the CYA post you were helping me with.
    Last edited by sfumato; 04-19-2016 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added info for finding a pic