another newbie needing help in selecting pool cleaner

Apr 18, 2016
New Jersey
Hello gentlemen:

I have been a fan of this site ever since I moved into a house last year with a pool. First pool for the family and we decided we were too uninformed/unknowledgeable to go it alone the first year so we had a regular cleaning service. Having done some further research on this site, we would like to go the robot route this year with weekly water testing with our local pool guy who will open/close to address the chemicals. I have looked at various posts on this site and others for robot recommendations and have now lost the ability to see straight. I am hoping to get some recommendations both for a robot and a website or location to buy that will maintain the warranty. We are in New Jersey and have a concrete rectangular 20x40 pool with slight semi-circles on each end. I calculate at roughly 34,000 gallons (thanks for the info on another post on how to do this). My sweet spot budget would be in the sub-800 range but would go a bit higher if it made a big difference. From what I've read here I am not sure it does but would defer to you guys as the experts. From other posts, I also think I am leaning towards the Dolphin/Maytronics brand. I would appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks,

Nick

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

"Gentlemen" is a bit presumptuous, even for those of us that are male :mrgreen:

I will leave the robot recommendations for others.

But, I must urge you to send the "pool guy" packing and start taking care of your own pool. It is easy and will certainly cost you less money ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.