Solar Cover

Generally, they all seem to last only a couple seasons regardless of thickness or color. Buy the cheapest you can find ;)

You are better off with the blue or clear as more of the sun will penetrate it.

I am not sure how to add anything more to my previous post.

No, the black will not heat better.
Thicker is heavier and more difficult to work with and more expensive, yet do not seem to last much if any longer.

8 mil is a good one to go with, not too heavy so one person can put it on or remove it.

I just bought a new one myself...if you look on ebay they seem to cost a lot less even though
the same company selling them on their own website charge much more.

I got a 16x32 oval blue 8-mil for $ 67 with free 2-day shipping...wow! Last one I bought like that was over 100.

I hate the name "solar cover"

Let's all remember that the cover is not "heating" the water. It is retaining the heat in the water that would be lost to evaporation. If you have little wind and your humidity is not very low, you will actually add more heat to the water with NO cover on the pool while the sun is shining on the water. (This is why the clear cover seems to heat the most) After which you need to cover the water to reduce losses at night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.