Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: liquid pool covers

1. Back To Top    #1

liquid pool covers

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Heatsvr liquid pool cover. We have a very nice bubble cover, but it is so inconvenient to use with our above ground pool. I did solve the problem with the use of bungee cords holding the cover up against the pool. But I still have to be in the pool to push the cover to one end and then to cover it again.

The liquid cover would be wonderful if it worked.

What do you all think about the liquid?
    Above ground 27' round, 17,000 gal., 52" high; vinyl liner; TropiCal 96,000BTU Heat pump; Integrity A Frame Ladder; Solar Blanket, Aqua Cover by PolyAir Corp, thermotex clear, 5 yr. warranty, cartridge filter., Clear Bay Cartridge CBA2-10043 (two to switch out when cleaning); New pool as of 6/1/15.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: liquid pool covers

This has been discussed many times, so a search would likely have answered your question, but basically, they are not very effective if there is any amount of wind.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

FYI..
    Pool was 60 last evening. Last night it got into the 30s. 9:30am the pool was 58 degrees. Not bad at all . I put the liquid Heatsvr into the pool. There are soft ripples as I am running the pump on low. Bugs seem to float on top which is fine for me to skim them off. Not noticing any noticable film or haze to pool.
    Above ground 27' round, 17,000 gal., 52" high; vinyl liner; TropiCal 96,000BTU Heat pump; Integrity A Frame Ladder; Solar Blanket, Aqua Cover by PolyAir Corp, thermotex clear, 5 yr. warranty, cartridge filter., Clear Bay Cartridge CBA2-10043 (two to switch out when cleaning); New pool as of 6/1/15.

4. Back To Top    #4

That is pretty good. Must have been low to no wind last night?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    That is pretty good. Must have been low to no wind last night?
    I really don't know. Didn't pay attention to that. But there are always soft ripples in it. Never perfectly flat surface.