Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 20 Inches of Rain Last Night and Still Coming Down

1. Back To Top    #1

20 Inches of Rain Last Night and Still Coming Down

Should I turn off the pump, to let the rainwater hopefully overflow off the top? Or does it matter. Supposed to rain for next four days, I don't know what to do.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 20 Inches of Rain Last Night and Still Coming Down

Mark,

I feel your pain. We had 24"+ of rain last October in the storm of a 1000 years. I proactively pumped water out of my pool and then pumped out four more times. This is one of those, "It depends" on your situation issues. I don't want the pool overflowing because of what's around my pool and find it much better to drain to the street storm sewers. I don't know if you have that luxury or not. In the end, all will be well...
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

If you don't have an auto drain, I would pump water to waste. You don't want to overflow the top.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like a similar thread existed. I will turn off the pump unless I hear otherwise. Yes, I have overflow drain. Thanks.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...est-NW-Houston
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

5. Back To Top    #5

Need to keep leaves and debris out of the overflow drain. With all the wind up here blowing leaves in the pool they are stopping up the overflow.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach