New Pool in Mississippi and need help

AUPatrick

Silver Supporter
Mar 25, 2016
Mississippi
I found this site about a month ago and have been reading on a daily basis trying to learn. There is a LOT of good information here. I've read the "pool school" but still have a lot to learn. Any help would be appreciated.

We signed a contract for a gunite 36 x 18 free form (looks kidney shaped) in ground pool. The pool will be 3.5 in shallow end going down to 8.5 in the deep end with a diving board. We are having natural stone coping with concrete deck. My pool builder says he doesn't recommend SWG because of the stone coping and the risk that it will cause damage to it in the future. I know several on here say that it is not that big of an issue, but my pool builder doesn't want to do SWG. He will do it but it will be an extra $1,200.

The two choices that he has given me are the "Frog" system which I do not want based upon what I have read, or the UV/Ozone, which I also do not want based upon what I have read here.

My question is this. Is it worth the $1,200 for the SWG and run the risk of my builder not warranting the coping? Or should I just allow him to install the "frog" system and not use the thing and "manually" add my chlorine.

We are about 6 weeks out from him starting (I hope), so I have some time to decide.

My pool builder uses "Jandy" brand equipment.

I don't plan on using the "Frog" system, but didn't know if it was best just to have him install it and manually add the chlorine. It is built into the price. Is there any benefit in having the equipment installed? I guess I could ask him how much I would save for him "NOT" to install it, but he said that the SWG would be $1,200 more and my concern is over the longevity of the stone coping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.