Balance checkup please

atttech-2

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 24, 2015
Central Valley CA
Ran a full set of tests for the first time in a while, only the second time ever doing CYA. The main question I have is there any reason I should bring the CYA up if I have not had any problems keeping the FC above 2? Usually sits around 3 to 4 and I am not going through chlorine very fast, a gallon every 10 to 11 days.

FC 4.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 70 normal level for my pool it seems, I have tried a couple of times pushing it to 90 but does not seem to want to stay there so I just let it be for the most part
CH 350 up 25 from first fill in Oct
CYA 28-ish dot still visible at 30 but definitely gone by 25. CYA was around 40 after PB added stabilizer but that was a 4 or 5 good downpours ago that required dumping several inches of water.

Thanks for any input

TA at 70 is fine if that is where it settles and your PH is stable. Even 60 is OK. No need to add more CYA yet if you are happy with your chlorine consumption. As it gets hotter and sunnier you will probably want to increase it. If you are using 2-3 ppm of FC daily you are probably ok. If the daily consumption goes up then adding more CYA will likely help to reduce the consumption. I would expect you to want to be around 50 by June.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.