Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Balance checkup please

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Central Valley CA

Balance checkup please

Ran a full set of tests for the first time in a while, only the second time ever doing CYA. The main question I have is there any reason I should bring the CYA up if I have not had any problems keeping the FC above 2? Usually sits around 3 to 4 and I am not going through chlorine very fast, a gallon every 10 to 11 days.

FC 4.5
    CC 0
    PH 7.5
    TA 70 normal level for my pool it seems, I have tried a couple of times pushing it to 90 but does not seem to want to stay there so I just let it be for the most part
    CH 350 up 25 from first fill in Oct
    CYA 28-ish dot still visible at 30 but definitely gone by 25. CYA was around 40 after PB added stabilizer but that was a 4 or 5 good downpours ago that required dumping several inches of water.

Thanks for any input
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, built Oct 2015, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, 10GPDStenner for chlorine, 3GPD Stenner for MA, TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Balance checkup please

TA at 70 is fine if that is where it settles and your PH is stable. Even 60 is OK. No need to add more CYA yet if you are happy with your chlorine consumption. As it gets hotter and sunnier you will probably want to increase it. If you are using 2-3 ppm of FC daily you are probably ok. If the daily consumption goes up then adding more CYA will likely help to reduce the consumption. I would expect you to want to be around 50 by June.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Balance checkup please

+1 what pooldv said.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School