Pool Opening - Short Term With No Pump?

Apr 18, 2016
Kelowna, BC, Canada
I just replaced my vinyl liner. When doing the work we found some problems/cracks in my fibreglass steps. The liner has been put in, and water filled up to acceptable level (~60% full) to hold it in place, but still below the steps so we could work on them. I had a fibreglass guy come in to fix the step this weekend. He told me I cannot submerse the steps for 7 days to let his work cure.

So my question is how to keep the existing water clear. My pool is 36' X 18'. Its half filled right now, with no chemicals at all (filled it yesterday). I will not be able to fill it up, or run the pump or filter or any equipment for 1 week because the water is 2 feet below the skimmer. This week the temperatures here will range from around 50 degrees overnight to 75-80 during the days.

What should I do to keep the water from going bad for the next 7 days until I can fill it the last ~40% and start up the filter/pump.

Thanks folks!

Welcome, eh? 15_4_110.gif

Estimate how much water is in the pool, plug that into poolmath, and see how much bleach it says you need to raise FC from 0 to 3. Then add it and brush it around to get it mixed. It'll all disappear in a few hours, but that's okay. You're just trying to keep algae from starting, not kill it after it's taken hold. Repeat daily until you get some circulation and can test things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.