RV Glycol

There is some minor debate and even some comments/thoughts last year from ChemGeek, a local legend, regarding the antifreeze in the pool. I think the general consensus was that it won't really cause any negative issues if it gets into the pool, but where possible try to direct it away from the pool.

What I did last year, was to start the pump with the filter set to waste. This cleared up the suction side. For the return side, I opened one return at a time and put my vacuum hose over the open return and directed the antifreeze water into the yard. Once the first return blew for a minute or two, I opened the other return and again used the hose for a minute. Fortunately, I have only two returns so it wasn't too bad. It was a little tedious especially doing it alone but better than seeing the pink cloud blow into the pool.

Tx both. This is our first opening. We are "weaning" ourselves off PB, but my gut feeling is they will not bother trying to clear the glycol out first.

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

There is some minor debate and even some comments/thoughts last year from ChemGeek, a local legend, regarding the antifreeze in the pool. I think the general consensus was that it won't really cause any negative issues if it gets into the pool, but where possible try to direct it away from the pool.

What I did last year, was to start the pump with the filter set to waste. This cleared up the suction side. For the return side, I opened one return at a time and put my vacuum hose over the open return and directed the antifreeze water into the yard. Once the first return blew for a minute or two, I opened the other return and again used the hose for a minute. Fortunately, I have only two returns so it wasn't too bad. It was a little tedious especially doing it alone but better than seeing the pink cloud blow into the pool.

I swear, I have tried to think of a way to do this and never thought about the vac hose. I kept thinking about doing something with PVC pipe one return at a time. Always suction side to waste and slide to a bucket, now I have the answer for my returns. It was all right there in front of me. Thanks!!!

It is a simple and brilliant method. Is there some way to physically attach a vac hose to the return jets? I assume these are easy to find couplings.

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.