Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with leaking pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with leaking pump

After this thread Squealing Pump I decided to have the motor rebuilt after closing, installed but couldn't test.

Opened today and water is leaking at the seal plate, I didn't change anything just reconnected using what was there.

Sta-rite mpra6e 1 hp could someone tell me the parts I'd need to change to be able to run the pump.

There is a parts list here http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/Dyna...MaxPumpsOM.pdf

TIA
    18 x 38 IG vinyl modified roman, sand filter, swg, 1hp pump, raypak ng heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with leaking pump

It looks like parts 6, 7, and 10 need replacing when you pull it apart. You'll need some lube for the O-rings, and the directions mention liquid dish soap for the shaft seal #7.
    Not exactly the same, but it should help you visualize things: Pentair Whisperflow seal replacement How-to (w/ photos) A little googling might turn up a video on youtube as well.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks very much Richard.

4. Back To Top    #4

I replaced the suggested parts now getting a drip from the bottom only when it's running. I tried to take a video but can't upload it here so took a screenshot from the video, I can't tell where it's leaking to know how to stop it.

Thanks for any help.

edit took it apart and rechecked my installs small mess up on my part all good to go now.