Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Supporting PVC

1. Back To Top    #1

Supporting PVC

I'm looking for some inspiration for supporting PVC suction and return lines for my Above Ground. Pictures would be a big help.
    Thanks in advance! The suction line will be about 9' and the return will be about 7'. Wanting to see what you, the experts, are doing.
    24' Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG - Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp - Hayward EC40C90 Perflex DE
    ColorQ Pro7 & TF 100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Supporting PVC

Take a look at the second picture in this post Newbie - need some help - Page 3
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Depends on the situation, location, height, etc. You could always use unistrut and strut straps, just gotta make sure to use enough of them so the pvc doesnt sag.

4. Back To Top    #4

20160418_165748.jpg

First try attaching a photo....
    This isn't glued yet, thought I'd submit for feedback and constructive criticism. Thanks in advance!
    This is my first crack at the return line / first time PVC anything really. Suction line tomorrow....
    24' Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG - Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp - Hayward EC40C90 Perflex DE
    ColorQ Pro7 & TF 100

5. Back To Top    #5

That looks good, but I'd probably add another hanger in the middle of the line just to make sure it doesn't sag.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit