Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: peeking at my pool... won't be opening until june, probably!

1. Back To Top    #1

peeking at my pool... won't be opening until june, probably!

We're probably not going to be opening the pool soon, due to needing to focus time and $$ on other parts of our fixer-upper, but I did take a peek at the water on these lovely warm days we've been having. I was surprised at how clear it is, thinking we would have a green swamp. We can see 4 steps of the pool, and dirt, worms and debris.

The water is almost touching the bottom edge of the pool deck, but maybe that's a good thing, if we're going to be vacuuming and just flushing the water our of the pool?

27,000 gal. plaster IG with round spa built in 2007. TFT-100 test kit XL w/ Speedstir
    Jandy CL580 cartridge filter. Jandy 1.0 hp filter pump, 1.5 hp booster/spa? pump.
    Aqualink RS One Touch controls. Paramount PC2000 In-floor cleaning system (1.0 hp pump?). Jandy LX pool heater, apparently broken.
    Missing so much gear due to previous foreclosure, it's sad.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: peeking at my pool... won't be opening until june, probably!

Liquid chlorine (aka household bleach) and elbow grease with vacuuming and brushing and you might be open for business in no time!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: peeking at my pool... won't be opening until june, probably!

Unfortunately, we already know that we'll need to invest in the pool more than chemicals - there's missing equipment, and some damaged pipes. For a while we thought we might not be able to open it at all this year, but now I'm hopeful (especially with the knowledge here) that we can reduce the cost of getting it up and running.

But - the equipment/repairs part aside - I'm feeling pretty good about the prospects of having a nice pool for ourselves and our friends in the coming years!
    27,000 gal. plaster IG with round spa built in 2007. TFT-100 test kit XL w/ Speedstir
    Jandy CL580 cartridge filter. Jandy 1.0 hp filter pump, 1.5 hp booster/spa? pump.
    Aqualink RS One Touch controls. Paramount PC2000 In-floor cleaning system (1.0 hp pump?). Jandy LX pool heater, apparently broken.
    Missing so much gear due to previous foreclosure, it's sad.