Pool pump

I need to replace my pool pump which is a single speed, 1hp pump. My pool is a rectangle, 16x32' and averages about 4.5' deep. The only thing inaddition to the skimmer that I run is a Kreepy Krawler. I am looking at replacing with a Variable speed pump, specifically the Hayward SP2302VSP which varies from 3/4hp to 1.5hp. I currently have a timer attached to my pump. Does anyone have any comments or recommendations?
Thank you,
Ron

Hello Ron, and welcome to TFP! :wave: You have such a simple scenario, some might even say a 2-speed would suffice, but we have tons of VSP owners who love them, so I'm sure you'll gear something soon. I would suspect that with a VSP, you may no longer need a separate timer as many of them are programmable in themselves. But I'll let one of those VSP owners speak specifically to you about that as well. Glad to have you with us.

I need to replace my pool pump which is a single speed, 1hp pump.
Why? If it is just a motor failure, one option is to replace the motor with a two speed motor at a far less cost than a new pump. A two speed pump will save almost as much as a VS in energy costs and for your rates would probably have a lower lifetime cost (purchase + energy) than a VS pump.

If you are settled on a VS pump, check your local power company for rebates. Also, make sure you install surge protection because VS pumps are very vulnerable to power surges and very expensive to fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.