Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger on a Dolphin M500

1. Back To Top    #1

Pulled the trigger on a Dolphin M500

Well after tons of research, one bad purchase, then lots of advice (and prodding ) here I went ahead and ordered the M500 Dolphin. The place I got it from did not have it in stock but its supposed to be at the store on Tuesday... cant wait to toss that guy in my pool Tuesday afternoon... I hope!
    Pool... IG 16,500 gal fiberglass, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair Superflow 1 speed pump, Pentair control box, Installed 4/2015, Test strips! HA! ;-), SWG, hot tub (spa) freestanding on deck, fill it from my well, sometimes through my water softener. Oh, and a HydroNet radio control leaf skimmer boat! AND... A brand spankin new Dolphin M500 robot! ;-)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pulled the trigger on a Dolphin M500

Very nice! To help pass the time look at the picture here and go to the website listed at bottom. Read all the segments and watch the videos. Should give you a good head start.

Free form | 14k gal | 81 pf | 3.5' - 5' - 4' | Dolphin M500 | intelli FLO VS 3 hp | heat pump ultra temp hp 90 | quad 60 DE | ic40 swcg | Aqua blue mini pebble | 5g LED

3. Back To Top    #3

Congrats!

I love mine.
    16,500 gallon IG Pool & Spa: Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Triton II TR-100 sand filter, Teledyne Laars Lite2 propane heater
    Laminar Jets (2): Hayward Maxflow SP1600 1/2HP, Hayward Star Clear C500 cartridge filter
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, Hayward AquaRite AQR15, Dolphin Supreme M5, Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Daxton, I could not find the manual on the Maytronics site!
    Pool... IG 16,500 gal fiberglass, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair Superflow 1 speed pump, Pentair control box, Installed 4/2015, Test strips! HA! ;-), SWG, hot tub (spa) freestanding on deck, fill it from my well, sometimes through my water softener. Oh, and a HydroNet radio control leaf skimmer boat! AND... A brand spankin new Dolphin M500 robot! ;-)

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey! Congrats on a very smart purchase. Sorry about the prodding, but I've been so happy with mine, I just want everyone else to have the same experience.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Hey! Congrats on a very smart purchase. Sorry about the prodding, but I've been so happy with mine, I just want everyone else to have the same experience.
    The prodding was fine, probably what I needed to get off the fence!
    (im)Patiently awaiting the guy to call me and tell me its in!

7. Back To Top    #7

Congrats! Picked mine up over the weekend. Don't forget about the $100 rebate Consumer Rebate - Maytronics US, Inc
    30k gallon IG PebbleSheen refinished 2014
    60sqft FNS Plus DE wih Proguard Cellulose, 1.5hp 2speed WhisperFlo
    TFTestKit and Stenner fixed 10gpd on timer with bleach
    Dolphin m500

8. Back To Top    #8

is the only difference between the M400 and M500 the pro remote? if the power supply is the same, I could just pick up the pro remote?

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by darin.brown View Post
    is the only difference between the M400 and M500 the pro remote? if the power supply is the same, I could just pick up the pro remote?
    A difference in runtimes also, not sure the remote will run all the same functions as the 500, but it might.

http://www.maytronicsus.com/resident...ct/compare?cid[]=3&cid[]=1545

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes. Had a long conversation with a regional sales rep when I was buying mine- the only difference is the remote (so long as you're talking about the most recent models, not the M4). The hardware itself between the two without the remotes are identical- and the M400 of course can use the M500 remote if you wanted to buy it separately.
    30k gallon IG PebbleSheen refinished 2014
    60sqft FNS Plus DE wih Proguard Cellulose, 1.5hp 2speed WhisperFlo
    TFTestKit and Stenner fixed 10gpd on timer with bleach
    Dolphin m500

11. Back To Top    #11

After all the rain we just had in Houston, I woke up to find about 30-40 earthworms on the bottom of the pool. I knew the robot would probably get most of them, but after one cycle, I saw nary a worm remaining! A.O. did you pick your M500 up today?
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTX View Post
    After all the rain we just had in Houston, I woke up to find about 30-40 earthworms on the bottom of the pool. I knew the robot would probably get most of them, but after one cycle, I saw nary a worm remaining! A.O. did you pick your M500 up today?
    No, I called at about 4;30 and it hadn't come in yet, hopefully tomorrow!

13. Back To Top    #13

Can anybody tell me what voltage these run on please? I'm thinking I would like to buy one from the U.S at more than half the price to what they are here in Australia if the voltage is suitable.
    Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by johnmw1; 04-20-2016 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Grammar

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by johnmw1 View Post
    Can anybody tell me what voltage these run on please? I'm thinking I would like to buy one from the U.S at more than half the price to what they are here in Australia if the voltage is suitable.
    Cheers,
    John
    Their documentation says 100-250v but I have no personal experience using these outside the US (and don't know if warranty coverage exists if you ship abroad).
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by johnmw1 View Post
    Cheers,
    John
    The label on my power supply that came with my Triton Plus says 100 - 250 VAC 50/60 Hz which is typical for a lot of switch mode power supplies. You would need an adapter to go from the North American style plug on the power supply to the Australia/China AS-3112 socket.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

16. Back To Top    #16

will this robot clean pebbletech as well as a brush does, i noticed that it has those rubber flaps.
    Dom
    26K gallon in ground, pebbletec, Pentair FNS 60, 1.5hp Pentair Whisperflo, TF100 test kit, Polaris 360,

17. Back To Top    #17

Just got it home... here we go..............................

18. Back To Top    #18

AO, I would be curious to determine what was your "bad purchase"? Just your experience - good luck w your robot and let us know how it does?
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

19. Back To Top    #19

Dom,

I have the QC Shark Robot. It also has the rubber flaps. I had at least a solo cup of earth worms in the bottom [that I couldn't see bc the Houston rains darken the water w mud/mulch/etc runoff] leaves, mulch and other. In two runs [3-4 hrs each], the robot got it all...I did scoop a lot of the palm plant debris off the top of the water w the net inbtw the lightning shows...The main thing is to really clean the two filters so it can clean more effectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTX View Post
    Mark, how far are you from cypress creek? this seems to be the epicenter of all the major flooding in NNW Harris Cty...glad to hear you only had earthworms
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

20. Back To Top    #20

I am 1400 feet from Cypress Creek, but only 600 feet from Cypress Lake. Right now, they are one and the same. Probably closer to more like 550 feet from the lake at the moment.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast