Best way to get acid

In the pool section, yes, sometimes it is the lower concentration-- ~14.5 Baume, I believe.

Instead, take a walk over to the paint department... It's exactly the same as the pool acid, just labeled for a different purpose-- and it's the full 31 baume concentration, and almost certainly cheaper per gallon than what you are paying at the pool store.

I remember one time, I think it was @ Ace hardware, I discovered it stocked near the cement/concrete... It was being sold as a concrete cleaner.... But it was labeled as 31 Baume Muriatic Acid... If I remember correctly, it might even (rarely) be labeled as hydrochloric acid... But as long as it's 31 Baume it's the right stuff.

Of course, there's no harm in using the lower concentration.... it just costs a bit more, and you have to use more of it-- but the trade off is that there is less off-gassing and odor, so it can be a little more "user friendly"...

Yes, our Lowes has both, 31.45% and 15%. The 31.45% 2 packs are on a "stock" aisle in the back of the store near the rear door to lawn and garden on a pallet.

I've taken pooldv's advice and gone to Lowes garden/pool area...you can get a 2-pak for 12 & change w the approx. 31.5% muratic acid...buying anything less concentrated, take the delta and then at it to 1.0 [1.15] and times by your buying price at the pool store and that how much more you will pay to get the higher con at lowes.. higher con, less you have to use and carry, buy greater risk of inhaling fumes...ALWAYS pour w wind to your back and pool to your front :)

The pool $tore closest to my house is actually very close in price to Lowes. But, their attitude is poor and I don't like dealing with them I'll drive a little further to Lowes....

Thanks everyone. I will check it out at Lowe's next time. The pool store 2 gallons is getting up to about 14 and change after taxes. I'll see if there's a cheaper at Lowe's or Home Depot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That seems like about double what I'm paying, although I did have to pay the deposit on the bottles and crate upfront. Any HASA dealers near you? http://www.hasapool.com/dealer_locator_hasa.php

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.