Re: Pentair MasterTemp 400 cycles on and off in Spa mode

AugerN

Apr 16, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Re: Pentair MasterTemp 400 cycles on and off in Spa mode

Is this the temperature sensor that is wired directly back to the IntelliTouch?

Also, While removing this sensor, a portion of the plastic (about 1inch of the outer plastic) broke off and fell back into the PVC pipe. This is in the inlet pipe to the heater. I don't see that there is any filter/screen within the heater to catch this - what would happen if I still run the system with the new sensor? Otherwise I may have to replumb that section to try to find it (if I can). Because once the sensor was removed, the open system then refluxed the water so that piece may have moved retrograde and I'm not sure where it would have truly ended up. Thanks in advance for the help!

jpcdmd is correct. If the heater heats to about 70-80 degrees then starts to cycle, the problem is most likely the thermostatic by-pass. When it does not operate correctly, it causes higher than normal temps in the header and the HLS will open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.