Yet another pump question

Within the last week I added an Intex sand filter to my AGP. I've been having problems with air in the leaf basket, and have been in the process of trying to narrowed own the problem when I noticed something different. Now I have had air in the lead basket but never any air bubbles from the return. This evening, I turned my valve to recirculate and got a ton of air out of the return that eventually stopped. After that I moved the valve back to filter, and more air came out of the return, then eventually stopped... Could the air in the leaf basket be connected to this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, air in the pump basket can mean an air leak in the suction side of the pump. If it is a continuous leak, the air will makes it's way to the filter and eventually out the returns. Just make sure all the plumbing and the basket lid is sealed well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.