Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yet another pump question

1. Back To Top    #1

Crawfordville Florida

Yet another pump question

Within the last week I added an Intex sand filter to my AGP. I've been having problems with air in the leaf basket, and have been in the process of trying to narrowed own the problem when I noticed something different. Now I have had air in the lead basket but never any air bubbles from the return. This evening, I turned my valve to recirculate and got a ton of air out of the return that eventually stopped. After that I moved the valve back to filter, and more air came out of the return, then eventually stopped... Could the air in the leaf basket be connected to this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Yet another pump question

Yes, air in the pump basket can mean an air leak in the suction side of the pump. If it is a continuous leak, the air will makes it's way to the filter and eventually out the returns. Just make sure all the plumbing and the basket lid is sealed well.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner