Circupool RJ30+ Install

WASP

Oct 21, 2015
Katy/Texas
Finished installing my new Circupool RJ30+ SWG today. It works! Pretty slick looking unit. It has some feature that I just discovered. Instantaneous salt concentration +- 10 ppm and water temperature. The temp is currently 76F and 3040 ppm salt. My Taylor salt test kit says 3200 ppm. 200 ppm per drop, so looks like both measurement agree.

The instructions say 3000 - 4000 ppm is desirable.

So, should I target 3500 ppm?

As the temperature of the water increases, does the salt test results vary?

Just wondering if I should add another #40 salt now or wait until it warms up some more.

The only issue I had during installation, besides the original piping being so tightly packed, was a new piece of pipe had a hole in it which I discovered when I started the pump. Brand new piece of 2" such 40 PVC. Of course it was next to one of the new elbows. Turned out I was able to screw a 4-40 Allen screw into the hole and seal it up. I lucked out and had a 17-4 SS screw left over from a steam engine I machine several years ago.

Since it is easier to add salt than to remove it, I usually target the lower end of the range and only add salt when the SWG complains about low salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.