Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help, return removal heard a pop.

1. Back To Top    #1

help, return removal heard a pop.

I bought one of those led return lights for my pool since it has no light. I tried to remove the inner socket of my return line to install it and it was sruck. I stuck a chisel into the groves and turned it counter clockwise with a crescent wrench. It was spinning with resistance but not coming out. I had a good 5-6 rotations on it when I heard a pop sound. I could tell the whole return was spinning. I had to realign it to put the cover that holds the liner down on. Should I have not removed the screws from the larger trim ring on the returns? Did I really screw something up? I still can't get the inner part of the jet out and would like to.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help, return removal heard a pop.

Not familiar with these, but I wanted to say hello, and welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will see this, and have something to offer. Good to have you aboard, and we hope you enjoy your time here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Sorry, I am not familiar with this issue either.

It might be helpful to somebody trying to help you if they know what kind of pool you have. Please add your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post. Also, please add your state or country to your location as climate is often an important factor when we help you with your pool. We don't want to assume you are in Tallahassee, GA.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.

Is this an inground or above ground pool? Can you get a pic?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

It's an in grounder liner pool at 25,000k gallons. I have been monitoring water level and it is not going down anymore then evaporation and it has been running.