Nazareth/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have a CL220 inline chlorinate that I only use when I am away on vacation. I normally just use liquid bleach, but need the automatic chlorinator to prevent algae when I am away.
I need some replacement parts for the chlorinator and want to get the pool opened and pump running without it. To block off one of the fittings in the pipe, I usually just take one of the CLX220H compression nuts, use a 6" section of tubing in it folded over and ty-wrapped closed. Do they make a compression nut fitting that has no hole in it, just to cap off the line?
In this picture, i want to replace the compression nut and hose with just a cap.
Thanks in advance,
James

Thanks Pat, yea...I guess that would work even though I d not believe the plastic thread is 1/4 NPT. Enough t-tape would make it seal. It is only temporary, so it shouldn't hurt.

I'm putting a Stenner in, so I needed to block off my auto chlorinator tap. I bought a brass cap at Lowe's, used some teflon tape...it's held with no leaking (make sure to use the tape though or it will drip)
Edit: I went back and read some posts- I did what Texas Splash linked to in a post above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.