Apr 12, 2016
Kershaw, South Carolina
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So we put our pool in last spring at the new place we bought in South Carolina. Researched different pool types and decided to go with a fiberglass unit. Had an above ground when the kids were younger and decided also to do the in ground.
I just found this sight recently while researching robots and thought I'd post this. Not near as fancy as some I've seen here, but it works for us.

Stupidly forgot to take a pic of the back yard before.. oh well..

And here is the hole..

And something to put in that hole..

Had to cut down a couple trees to get it in.

And here we go..

Some of the plumbing..

Nice shade of brown don't you think?

To be continued...

Checking placement of the slide

Getting the decking in.. Travertine edge first , then the concrete

Getting there. Notice the two palm trees I planted in the background.

Mounting an umbrella stand to the concrete so as to lose that huge base.

And a little table

Of course a Tiki bar.. ;-)

And I love the sun deck!

A panorama from the back door

More to come....

Looking good! Gonna be a great summer! Somebody throw that exercise bike behind the shed! I like that shed a lot, nice place. And I need to see pics of that leaf skimming boat.

Looks great!!! For me the coping makes a pool and that is beautiful. The boat is great, never saw that before. I love the driver, haha. As for the brown water I tell people don't worry it's a lake look :)

Looks great!!! For me the coping makes a pool and that is beautiful. The boat is great, never saw that before. I love the driver, haha. As for the brown water I tell people don't worry it's a lake look :)

Yeah, I love the driver too, been married 29 years now!
And everybody wants to drive that little boat!
Funny you should say that about the lake, I have two ponds on my place, both blackwater ponds and the pool was looking just like them! Remember that was at the beginning last year, took a couple weeks to clear up but since it has stayed clear.
Here is one of them

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.