Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New construction , a year late..

1. Back To Top    #1

New construction , a year late..

So we put our pool in last spring at the new place we bought in South Carolina. Researched different pool types and decided to go with a fiberglass unit. Had an above ground when the kids were younger and decided also to do the in ground.
    I just found this sight recently while researching robots and thought I'd post this. Not near as fancy as some I've seen here, but it works for us.

Stupidly forgot to take a pic of the back yard before.. oh well..

And here is the hole..

And something to put in that hole..

Had to cut down a couple trees to get it in.

And here we go..

Some of the plumbing..

Nice shade of brown don't you think?

To be continued...
    Pool... IG 16,500 gal fiberglass, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair Superflow 1 speed pump, Pentair control box, Installed 4/2015, Test strips! HA! ;-), SWG, hot tub (spa) freestanding on deck, fill it from my well, sometimes through my water softener. Oh, and a HydroNet radio control leaf skimmer boat! AND... A brand spankin new Dolphin M500 robot! ;-)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New construction , a year late..

Checking placement of the slide

Getting the decking in.. Travertine edge first , then the concrete

Getting there. Notice the two palm trees I planted in the background.

Mounting an umbrella stand to the concrete so as to lose that huge base.

And a little table

Of course a Tiki bar..

And I love the sun deck!

A panorama from the back door

More to come....
    Pool... IG 16,500 gal fiberglass, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair Superflow 1 speed pump, Pentair control box, Installed 4/2015, Test strips! HA! ;-), SWG, hot tub (spa) freestanding on deck, fill it from my well, sometimes through my water softener. Oh, and a HydroNet radio control leaf skimmer boat! AND... A brand spankin new Dolphin M500 robot! ;-)

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking good! Gonna be a great summer! Somebody throw that exercise bike behind the shed! I like that shed a lot, nice place. And I need to see pics of that leaf skimming boat.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Looking good! Gonna be a great summer! Somebody throw that exercise bike behind the shed! I like that shed a lot, nice place. And I need to see pics of that leaf skimming boat.
    Here is a try on that boat, if it works just ignore my commentary. click on pic

5. Back To Top    #5

Fun times for all it looks like! Who plays on the slide the most??

The small dog blended in with the dirt very well! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks great!!! For me the coping makes a pool and that is beautiful. The boat is great, never saw that before. I love the driver, haha. As for the brown water I tell people don't worry it's a lake look
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Fun times for all it looks like! Who plays on the slide the most??

The small dog blended in with the dirt very well! LOL

Kim
    Everyone seems to like the slide... you go fast and out of control!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Nectarologist View Post
    Looks great!!! For me the coping makes a pool and that is beautiful. The boat is great, never saw that before. I love the driver, haha. As for the brown water I tell people don't worry it's a lake look
    Yeah, I love the driver too, been married 29 years now!
    And everybody wants to drive that little boat!
    Funny you should say that about the lake, I have two ponds on my place, both blackwater ponds and the pool was looking just like them! Remember that was at the beginning last year, took a couple weeks to clear up but since it has stayed clear.
    Here is one of them

9. Back To Top    #9

Beautiful pics. I'm a fan of minimalist designs. I was stationed at Charleston AFB in the early 90's and used to fish blackwater ponds like yours. ahh, fund times...

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by tejclass View Post
    Beautiful pics. I'm a fan of minimalist designs. I was stationed at Charleston AFB in the early 90's and used to fish blackwater ponds like yours. ahh, fund times...
    I'm new to South Carolina and these are the first blackwater I've ever dealt with..