First year opening on my own - second season with TFP method.

wpturner05

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2015
Reading PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Good Evening TFP!!

I had a great season last summer as a newbie to TFP methods and I LOVED IT!! I had great looking water and spent so much less money.

This year, I am taking the leap to opening on my own. Tonight - I removed the cover, brushed the pool and put the polaris vacuum in for a couple of hours.

Here is the readings I have ….

pH 7.2
FC 1.0
CC 0
CYA 40
TA 50
NaCl 1400

Water is slightly cloudy but I can see the details on my main drain in my 9ft, there is some bright green algae present along my water line and laying on the bottom of the skimmer.

Just double checking ….

Begin SLAM until I meet all the criteria? Based on those numbers, I am assuming I can just go right to shock level ?

Thank you in advance for the hand holding!!

Yes. Bleach for the pool, Motrin for your shoulders and lower back, and pictures for us. Keep FC at 16 and brush brush brush. It wouldn't surprise me if you have to set your alarm clock for a little early on Monday so you can do the OCLT before you leave for work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.