Question for Tiered Flagstone Spillway Pool Owners

Hello,
I'm considering adding a tiered flagstone spillway to my spa by myself. Is the spillway just pieces of flagstone stacked on top of each other? I know the stacked stone is in the front of the spa but what about the back inside the jacuzzi? Is that plaster or stone also? Questioning how the spa holds in the water when it's raised with just the stone and no plaster. Been looking online for pictures but can't find any that are inside the spa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have a stacked stone spillway, and I can try to take some pics tomorrow. In mine the plaster goes all the way up the wall on the inside. The top layer of flagstone is the only one you can see from inside the spa.

And one more tip! If you DIY, you need to be sure to get the top flagstone as level as possible, like to the millimeter. Its no fun when all the spill happens on just one side or the other of the spa opening. Now, the return jet can be positioned to help that out, if the spillway is not perfectly level. But if you are like me, you will be much better off measuring twice and cutting once.

Here is how they built mine - from the outside

outside%20spillway_zpscgepbssf.jpg

and the inside. If you look closely you can see there is maybe a one-inch tall strip of tile under the top flagstone.

inside%20spillway_zpsjn4fzdk9.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.