Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hayward heater vent

1. Back To Top    #1

hayward heater vent

I am regretting buying this heater 2 years ago but stuck with it..Won't get into why I had to spend $100 on a new control board after a year..Problem is the vent is under a house eve, maybe 6 ft up, but the exhaust smell gets trapped and stinks..I refuse to pay $180 for a piece of sheet metal so wondering if anybody has made a vent..It's outside so if it isn't 100% sealed no big deal, just want to redirect the exhaust away and behind the house.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: hayward heater vent

Best and easiest thing to do, pull the unit out from under the eve. Extend everything. Far less than $180.

Control boards on these units are a huge issue.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: hayward heater vent

The way my pool pad is setup I can't really move it..I did order a small fan I am going to mount and have it blow the fumes away from the sitting area. Yea I wish I had done more research on this heater first, I bought it off amazon and saved a lot of money but having to spend $100 is crazy after a year..I did make a tarp that covers the control pad and might help keep the water off it.