White water mold

KenLit

Apr 15, 2016
Indy/IN
Spring of 2015 when I opened my pool it was full of toilet paper or so it looks like that. I was informed that it was white water mold. With draining 29000 gallons of water and scrubbing and a ton of chlorine as I refilled the pool we had clear water all season.
Here we are again and it's back again.
Any thoughts on a perment solution to removing the mold for good.
I would like to get back to a clear water opening again.

I test with test strips and at the pool store. Water always tested perfect. right now there is no chlorine in the pool as the mold eats small amounts of chlorine so that's the need to super chlorinate

- - - Updated - - -

I use Bio Guard products.

Welcome to TFP lets get this going :)

you have white mold because the pool store and test strips have no idea what your water is at. you are spending way to much money on products that are not helping you.. if your water was perfect like they said you would not have a problem.

You need a great test kit and cut the cord from the pool store :) look in my signature and order a test kit, then do some reading on how to SLAM.. once your test kit comes in test your water and let us know what the results are and we will get you going..

Right now you can add 1 gallon of regular old bleach from walmart in your pool daily until your test kit comes in.

We will get you going :)

White water mold is possible to get in a chlorine sanitized swimming pool, it's just rare to see. It's actually a fungus that usually starts off inside pipes and likes darker/shady areas of the pool (like mustard algae). It can form films like bacterial biofilms that are hard for chlorine to penetrate.

To the OP - it sounds like your pool has not been properly chlorinated and that, whatever testing and chemicals you are doing is inadequate. White mold is a symptom of pool water that is not properly sanitized. Suffice it to say that no one should be swimming in the pool until the problem is fixed.

If you read through our site, you will see that we are a DIY forum when it comes to water testing and chemistry. We do not rely on pool stores as their testing is often wrong. We also do not use high priced pool store chemicals which are often just highly marked-up versions of stuff you can find in Walmart and grocery stores. If you want our help then you will need to ditch the pool store and BioGuard chemicals and commit to the TFPC Method of pool care. That starts with owning your own test kit (we recommend you get one of the two we list in Pool School) and testing your water yourself.

If you post test results from one of those kits, then we can help you easily solve your water problems.

Good luck,
Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.