Brisbane, Australia.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron V25
Probably best described as a cheap pressure side cleaner designed to run off of tap water via a hose but could be hooked up to a return. Now that winter is apon us I thought one of these things would be a little easier just to get a few leaves out than a manual vaccum but how well do they work?

This is the contraption I'm talking about.

I found an old thread about one that had poor suction and it was recommended to connect the hose to a return and run it off the pool pump.

I Couldn't live without mine. Tons of trees around my pool so I use if after a storm. Normally after I just got the pool clean and sparkly......just hook it to the hose....i wouldn't know about connecting it to a return and run it off the pool pump.

Don't however buy the one made by Stanley on Amazon (it's yellow and black).....it stunk!

Thanks smforte, that's great.

Having three returns I don't know how well running it off the pool pump would work for me, l would have to regulate the flow from the other two and that wouldn't be worth the hassle. But just dragging up the hose, I can do that.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon one, the Stanley one may be on eBay also.

The Stanley sprung a leak immediately underneath. As the water runs it shoots out of small holes that I guess creates a vortex to pick up the trash. It started squirting out Where the parts meet underneath, causing less of a vortex if that makes sense. I tried filing the crack with silicone and gorilla glue but nothing helped. The only thing I liked about the Stanley is it came with regular and fine mesh bags but I'm sure you can get those anywhere.

On a side note, while using these leaf catchers you can also turn it over and float it across the top of your water to help skim the pool.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.