Adding second return to Intex 18' round need advice

Feb 22, 2015
Pacifica, CA
I have an Intex 18,x 48" round. Last year I added a Hayward skimmer box and a solar heater with a second dedicated pump. I ran that return over the side as I wasn't ready to cut another hole into the liner. Worked, okay but when all the kids get in, the hose hanging over the edge always get beat up and I worry they will knock it out and then all the return water will just pump out. So this year I got a second send of returns, factory Intex 1.5" and want to cut a hold for a second return. I have lowered the water, but am scared to cut a hole in case it's not strong enough and it blows out the side of the pool ruining it. I was looking for a patch to add a second layer of vinyl like the stock return has, but everything I find is only 4"wide and I would need about a 6" wide to be the same as the stock ones.

Please help. It's almost time to fill it back up and start cycling it.

So you cut a giant hole for the skimmer, but will not cut one for a return pipe? ;)

I think there are 100s of people on the forum who have added returns with doubling up with a patch, Is the 4" not big enough?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.