Help with New Hayward pump

I just received my new Hayward pump from Amazon, and I've discovered a problem. With my original Sta-Rite pump the connector that attached to the hose running from the pump to the Sta-Rite filter was and externally threaded peace with the hose attached to using a 2 or 2.5 inch collar (picture attached), there has been some debate at various Leslie's as to the width. Unfortunately the pump came with an internal 1.5inch hole (picture attached). I've seen adapters to correct this issue, however neither my local hardware stores (Lowes, Home WP_20160415_16_36_55_Pro.jpgWP_20160415_16_36_33_Pro.jpgDepot, and Taylors) carry anything like it, and of course Leslie's doesn't either. Does anyone know where I can get the needed adapter?

It is highly unlikely you will find the male portion that would go in that union fitting. Many manufacturers use proprietary threads. I think you are going to have to use a regular male PVC fitting screwed into the pump and then cut off the union on the hose and use regular PVC fittings (maybe adding a full union so you can work on the pump as needed).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.