Pulled the trigger on the Dolphin Nautilus Plus!

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
After MUCH consideration I've got one of these bayboys coming in Tuesday! Can't wait to try it out. The house we recently bought had an 8 year old pressure side Legend that had more than seen it's better days. Instead of dumping money into fixing it or chancing buying a new one and then maybe having the booster pump needing to be replaced or fixed too, I just decided to bite the bullet and get the Dolphin! I'm pretty anal about keeping the pool clean and the Legend was awful, seen my buddy's DX5 gobble everything in site and was so impressed that I couldn't imagine anything cleaning better than these things, large and fine debris included. Now hopefully I can relax and enjoy the pool some! :D

P.S. Got my salt level back up (3420)! It was at 1510 wen we first moved in a week ago, needed 7 bags of salt!

You will LOVE your new Nautilus Plus. It does a super job of cleaning. You will find the included caddy very useful also. In addition to the robot I also got a handheld battery powered vacuum (Water Tech Catfish) that attaches to my pool pole to clean the spa and between the two, cleaning is a snap.

You will LOVE your new Nautilus Plus. It does a super job of cleaning. You will find the included caddy very useful also. In addition to the robot I also got a handheld battery powered vacuum (Water Tech Catfish) that attaches to my pool pole to clean the spa and between the two, cleaning is a snap.

Do you recommend the catfish? I'm trying to decide which cordless vacuum to purchase for my pool. I inherited a Kreey Krawler legend when I bought my house, since it works fine right now I don't want to spend the money on a robot yet, although I will sometime in the near future. In the meantime I thought about a cordless vac to assist my legend, so wondering if you would recommend it. Would like to avoid the hose to suction deal.

FYI- The Nautilus Plus does not come with a caddy, you have to purchase it separately. That said, I bought one over the winter and have been using it since opening (including spring cleanup) and have not once had to vacuum the pool manually. It literally picks up anything that will fit into it! I also love that it takes some of the load off of the DE filter thanks to the fine pleated filters it comes with. Ive read elsewhere that people have difficulties removing it from the pool, but I don't have much trouble with it. I think you'll really love it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.