Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pulled the trigger on the Dolphin Nautilus Plus!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pulled the trigger on the Dolphin Nautilus Plus!

After MUCH consideration I've got one of these bayboys coming in Tuesday! Can't wait to try it out. The house we recently bought had an 8 year old pressure side Legend that had more than seen it's better days. Instead of dumping money into fixing it or chancing buying a new one and then maybe having the booster pump needing to be replaced or fixed too, I just decided to bite the bullet and get the Dolphin! I'm pretty anal about keeping the pool clean and the Legend was awful, seen my buddy's DX5 gobble everything in site and was so impressed that I couldn't imagine anything cleaning better than these things, large and fine debris included. Now hopefully I can relax and enjoy the pool some!

P.S. Got my salt level back up (3420)! It was at 1510 wen we first moved in a week ago, needed 7 bags of salt!
    15k Gallon In Ground Saltwater Gunite Pool and Spa w/ Overflow
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus Pool Cleaner
    Main Filter Pump - 1.5HP Pentair Whisperflo connected to Triton II Sand Filter
    Spa Pump - 2HP Pentair Whisperflo w/ 2HP Polaris Spa Air Blower
    Resilience PSC3 SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pulled the trigger on the Dolphin Nautilus Plus!

Congrats!

You'll become a Robot fan like all the rest of us. Once you try it, it's hard not to be.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

You will LOVE your new Nautilus Plus. It does a super job of cleaning. You will find the included caddy very useful also. In addition to the robot I also got a handheld battery powered vacuum (Water Tech Catfish) that attaches to my pool pole to clean the spa and between the two, cleaning is a snap.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by gary300 View Post
    You will LOVE your new Nautilus Plus. It does a super job of cleaning. You will find the included caddy very useful also. In addition to the robot I also got a handheld battery powered vacuum (Water Tech Catfish) that attaches to my pool pole to clean the spa and between the two, cleaning is a snap.
    Do you recommend the catfish? I'm trying to decide which cordless vacuum to purchase for my pool. I inherited a Kreey Krawler legend when I bought my house, since it works fine right now I don't want to spend the money on a robot yet, although I will sometime in the near future. In the meantime I thought about a cordless vac to assist my legend, so wondering if you would recommend it. Would like to avoid the hose to suction deal.
    ~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

5. Back To Top    #5

Water Tech makes a whole bunch of different cleaners:

http://watertechcorp.com/products.htm

I only need it for my spa, so I got the smallest, cheapest one. It does a good job and the battery seems to last quite a while, good for several cleanings.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

6. Back To Top    #6

Water Tech makes a whole bunch of different cleaners:

http://watertechcorp.com/products.htm

I only need it for my spa, so I got the smallest, cheapest one. It does a good job and the battery seems to last quite a while, good for several cleanings.
    Thank you for replying.
    ~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

7. Back To Top    #7

FYI- The Nautilus Plus does not come with a caddy, you have to purchase it separately. That said, I bought one over the winter and have been using it since opening (including spring cleanup) and have not once had to vacuum the pool manually. It literally picks up anything that will fit into it! I also love that it takes some of the load off of the DE filter thanks to the fine pleated filters it comes with. Ive read elsewhere that people have difficulties removing it from the pool, but I don't have much trouble with it. I think you'll really love it!
    ~24k gallon 38x22 figure-8 freeform pool w/ spa. Pentair EasyTouch 8SC w/ ScreenLogic2, intelliflo VS 011018 3HP, Intellichlor IC60, FNS Plus 60 DE filter w/ multiport valve, Raypak R406A cupronickel (360k BTU). ColorSplash 2G LED, Dolphin Nautilus Plus, Polaris 280 with 3/4HP booster pump.