Upgraded to VSP - now can't run below 2000 RPM

Nothing else really. General circulation in a pool happens fairly quickly and generally not an issue. So as long as you have enough FC (SWG run time), the rest of the run time is optional and purely based upon aesthetics (skimming and pool cleaner). But for most pools, skimming and pool cleaners usually require higher flow rates/RPM than 1000 RPM.

In my situation, I have a two speed pump and run on high speed for the pool cleaner for about an hour. I use a bubble pool cover so skimming is moot. The rest of my run time is for solar and the SWG and that is done on low speed. So I try to minimize the high speed run time for things that actually require it.

Given the size of your pool and the amount of debris that falls in the pool each day, you may find that an hour or two at 2000 RPM is all you need and as long as the SWGs can put enough chlorine in the pool during that time, then there is no need to run anymore. However, if you get a lot of debris in the pool, you may want a second period of run time 12 hours apart.

Best thing to do is to experiment. Run at different speeds and see what the minimum speed required to run your pool cleaner and your skimmers. Then determine how long it takes at that speed to get your pool as clean as you want. This part is subjective and you really don't "need" to have a spotless pool unless you really want that and you want to pay for that (energy costs). It is entirely up to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.