Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 20'-25' pool recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

20'-25' pool recommendations?

Hi,
    I just purchased my home and I'd like to get a pool for my kids, 10 and 12. Being a single parent, I'd like to keep it reasonable. Financing would be ideal, but not necessary. Never having anything besides an Intex pool, I don't know much about them. I found this site, Best Above Ground Swimming Pools | Liners | Accessories, which seems reasonable. But, I really don't know the quality differences between the models. I have had a few Intex pools at my old place when the kids were younger. I'd like to step up to a real pool. Any recommendations or suggestions from the veterans on here? Thanks!

Intex Ultra Frame 24x52 AGPIntex sand filter #128645HTH 6-way test kitPool was built and filled week of 6/24/16

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 20'-25' pool recommendations?

You should try an Intex pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by 1380ken View Post
    You should try an Intex pool.
    Mind if I ask why? I've had Intex pools. Now that I have a yard appropriate for one (privacy fence, large, nice deck), I'd like to get a pool. My kids absolutely love to swim all the time!

Intex Ultra Frame 24x52 AGPIntex sand filter #128645HTH 6-way test kitPool was built and filled week of 6/24/16

4. Back To Top    #4

Go for it! The ones with resin rails last longer and are more expensive. I've found the wider the top rail, the stronger they are. Also, shop around, I would rather buy pool only and get my equipment seperately.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by banditig View Post
    Go for it! The ones with resin rails last longer and are more expensive. I've found the wider the top rail, the stronger they are. Also, shop around, I would rather buy pool only and get my equipment seperately.
    I've read that resin is more prone to cracking and weather.

6. Back To Top    #6

I didnt know that, Thanks. Mine has painted steel rails with resin connectors. I have seen some pools that they fade from UV exposure. I also have stainless steel hardware.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I have a 26' Intex. My SIL next door has a 27' AGP. When you are in them, they are comparable. The SIL remarked that my water was actually deeper than her, due to her skimmer. My other SIL, who has been in both, remarked that when you are in them, there's no difference. Other than a couple thousand dollars. Oh, and the clarity of the water, ha ha. We added a deck to ours.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Ledvedder View Post
    Mind if I ask why? I've had Intex pools. Now that I have a yard appropriate for one (privacy fence, large, nice deck), I'd like to get a pool. My kids absolutely love to swim all the time!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    I must have misunderstood your first post which said, .Never having a pool, I don't know much about them.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by 1380ken View Post
    I must have misunderstood your first post which said, .Never having a pool, I don't know much about them.
    Sorry, I've edited it. I meant it as, I've never had any type of permanent pool. Just Intex types.

10. Back To Top    #10

Have you considered an inground fiberglass pool? The way you describe your ideal size you could certainly find one to fit your yard nicely.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Have you considered an inground fiberglass pool? The way you describe your ideal size you could certainly find one to fit your yard nicely.
    I haven't even considered an inground pool, assuming the price would be outrageous.

12. Back To Top    #12

Bigger is usually better. With cost in mind, IMO I think they would like a larger Intex pool (Ultra Frame) than a smaller "permanent" above ground pool.
    I would just suggest an equipment upgrade on the Intex.

But, it really comes down to what you want, like if you want something that looks more permanent.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Bigger is usually better. With cost in mind, IMO I think they would like a larger Intex pool (Ultra Frame) than a smaller "permanent" above ground pool.
    I would just suggest an equipment upgrade on the Intex.

But, it really comes down to what you want, like if you want something that looks more permanent.
    There's already an area where the previous owner had a pool at one time. Saw the satellite picture on Google Earth. It's roughly 20'.

14. Back To Top    #14

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

15. Back To Top    #15

We do not know your wallet size LOL................

I have resin uprights, top rails, bottom tracks on my above ground pool without any problems since I have had it.

Go as big as you can. NO one has ever said.........oh I wish I had a smaller pool but plenty have said "I wish my pool were bigger".

It would not hurt to check into a fiberglass pool if for no other reason than to see if it fits your wallet.

In the long run I think you should go with the biggest "permanent" pool you can be it above ground or in ground. It will last longer.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit