Newbie- bacaquil to TFP

Ok I check the FC it was 8 there is no sun out and it changed from 8:00 FC this morning to now at 11:00 and FC is 8
I want to make sure I am doing this pool math right.
16X0.5 =8
so if you have the large bottles of bleach 127 oz I would add 145 oz which would be 1 bottle then part of another bottle say 14 oz right?
I used pool math.

Ok I check the FC 8:00 FC 15 this morning to now at 11:00 and FC is 8
I want to make sure I am doing this pool math right.
16X0.5 =8
so if you have the large bottles of bleach 121oz I would add 145 oz which would be 1bottle and + 24oz right?
I used pool math.

That is what mine says as well! LOVE pool math!

I have a plastic measuring cup that has oz. printed on the side that I use to measure my chlorine and such. I have one that is used for nothing BUT muriatic acid. It is even a different color and kept with the MA to be on the extra safe side.

That is some good looking water in your pool now! Did it look that good with the baqu in it?

Kim:cat:

You did the drops correctly - basically cut the number of drops in half; 16 drops = FC of 8. Good. Now for the next part. It depends on the percentage of your bleach. When I use the Poolmath Calculator to figure out how much bleach I need to go from FC 8 to FC 15 (need 7 more); this I what I get:
- If I enter 6% bleach = 151 ounces (1 gallon 3 cups)
- If I enter 8.25% bleach = 108 ounces (3 quarts 2 cups)
- If I enter 10% bleach = 93 ounces (3 quarts)

So make sure on the calculator you always update/verify: Your pool gallons (size) and for bleach the percentage (weight). You have to manually type in the weight. The only other thing that may change what you see in the testing is your gallon size. If you ever think that 10,400 might be wrong, overshooting (or under-shooting) your expected target with chemicals is a good indication the pool size might be slightly off. Does that help? If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Well, we can try to help you with making sure you have the right measurements in the future. But we really need to get that old baqua out of the filter. Otherwise the FC will get eaten-up quickly just like if you had algae in the water. If you have any questions about how to do the filter cleaning from post #131, please let me know. That's getting close to about the last thing you need to do to complete this conversion. :)

I when to the pool store to see if they had the R-0870 powder and they don't , I asked them to pull my pool size up on the computer
it is only 10,000 gallon pool , before all this today I had called them like 3 weeks ago and the girl gave me the 10,400 gallon. Got that straight today. So my pool is a 10,000 gallon pool and I knew about the percentage on the bleach but never even thought about the type. My says concentrated and I think this is a problem too.

I need advice on that concentrated bleach . If it's not good I can return it. Let me know !

On the math that's what I do if drops are 20 it would be 10 right?
Ok get back to me on that concentrated bleach

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Concentrated bleach is okay, just not scented or splashless. As long as it's plain it should be fine. You might want to update your signature to 10,000 gallons if you think that's better. You can order more of the FAS-DPD (powder & drops) at TFTESTkits.com if you need to. If you have any other questions, I'll try to help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.