Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Opening Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Bettendorf, IA

Pool Opening Question

We are considering opening our inground pool tonight. Recently we had a bad storm and several sections of our fence were damaged leaving my backyard and pool open to anyone or anything. The fence company is coming this afternoon and will finish it up tomorrow, and I'd like to keep the mesh winter cover on the pool until the backyard is secure.

Will it do any harm to get the systems going and water circulating now if I leave the winder cover on? I wouldn't think so, but wanted to ask.
    20x46 Rectangle IG Vinyl, Completion date mid-June 2014
    Depth 3'-3.5'-8', ~35,000 gallons, Hayward 310 Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 hp single speed pump, ProLogic PS4 Automation w/ SWG
    Textured liner over corner stairs w/ 20' bench, 2 LED Lights, 2 Pentair Laminar Jets, Hayward Sharkvac and TF-100 Testkit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Pool Opening Question

No problem that I can see! Just make sure you remove any plugs etc from the skimmer, etc.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Make sure your water level is high enough.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Bedford, KY

I usually open my pool and leave the winter cover on. This keeps debris out as the water warms. Seems like the cover traps some heat in and helps a little to warm the temp. I take it off a day or so before we are ready to swim and install ladder and assist bar.

24,000 Gallon IG vinyl pool (16x36x8) with Hayward S200 sand filter and Hayward pump and heat pump. Built August 2011. I use a Taylor K-2005 test kit with a K-1515 add on.