Would you recommend pre-emptively changing the limiter on a brand new Aquarite?

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
...Or just waiting until /IF it cracked/burnt.

Eg. are the replacement limiters from Digikey (570-1062-ND from Digikey.com) BETTER than what come factory installed on the Aquarite board?

I've ordered two of the above just in case/to have on hand since this is a known problem with the Aquarite...but could actually have my electrician sauder it on/swap it out when he installs the unit if there was any reason to believe the replacements would fare better than original.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I think they fixed the problem in their latest design by using a relay to by-pass the in-rush limiter when the cell voltage/current has stabilized. So you may not ever need those spares you bought. Ask user HaywardPool, he would know.

I just had to have both my board replaced on a 2 1/2 year old Aqua Rite and the local rep said they had made major improvements in this area. I would like to know if HaywardPool concurs.

Matt is correct, they have fixed this issue with the latest design, but I have no idea if you actually have the latest design. I would never replace the limiter without it going bad first. You would void any warranty if you did replace it, and if it does fail within three years Hayward should cover it under warranty.

The new limiters are not a better build quality, the flaw is in the design of the board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.