Air in leaf basket

Recently installed an Intex sand filter on my 16 foot AGP. I had to use intex adapters that go from I believe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 flex hose. I didn't use the cheap plastic hose clamps that came with the adapters, instead I switched them out for metal hose clamps. I seem to be getting what I think to be is to much air in the leaf basket on the pump. It is not enough air that the motor has started sucking air or lost prime, but every time I release the air, it always goes back to about the same point within an hour or 2. I've tightened every connection as much as I can, and all of rings are new and in place. Is it normal for that much air to be there? Or should it be completely free of air? Thanks in advance!

Seems to possibly be the skimmer... I disconnected the skimmer for a few hours and didn't get any air at all... Is it possible that the turbulent water going into the skimmer sucks air down with it?
Very common. Low water level and high flow can create a vortex and suck air. It's easy enough to check, just look inside when it's running and look for a whirlpool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.