Considering demo and rebuild

Apr 14, 2016
La Vernia, TX
I'm looking for any information or anyone who has done a demolition and rebuild. Any advice is greatly appreciated! A little background we had our pool built about 3 years ago, we went into it very blindly and with a not so great builder.. Upon completion we were unhappy and a few years later still unhappy. We've looked into remodel and adding a hot tub but the prices we are getting are near the price of the pool. Also we feel the pool is on the small side at around 350 sq ft... So I was thinking why add more money into something I may never truly be happy with.. I'm just hoping for some great advice her from you guys!! Thanks for reading my thread :)

Hello and welcome to FTP! :wave: Well, if you're going to have a pool, you certainly want one you're going to be happy with. A couple things I would suggest .... let us know the purpose of your pool (lap swimming, kids, leisure, etc), and specify your location under your username. As we know, we live in a huge state. :) By specifying your city, you may find other members in your general area that have had great (or bad) pool builder experience.

Great to have you with us.

Hi Texas splash thanks for your response! I've got 3 kids 4,8,&14.. Who enjoy the pool which is great, but my 8 y/o likes to swim lap races and our freeform curves to much for even 2 swimmers.. I can swim laps alone but 30' doesn't seem long enough. My 14 y/o jumps in and bumps bottom 6' deep end.. We are considering geometric or Roman style pool if re build is ever possible for us in the future.. Oh yes I will add location I'm about 20-30 miles south east of San Antonio:)

Lots of remodels on the forum, and some pretty impressive ones at that. If you can ever enjoy a full re-do I'd lean that way, as the prices are so high for a demo added on.

Tough to swallow for sure, but fun is expensive! :lol:

Welcome to TFP, is it possible, ohh yes...

Is it practical, probably not but we all do none practical things all the time :) ( I have a 70 thousand dollar boat that does not get used :))

when it comes down to it, you will have to pay someone to demo your pool and then have someone build a whole new pool (minus equipment I would think)

I tend to think about things in a different way than most :) Have you thought about finding a house with a pool that you like and moving, it may be cheaper than doing a demo... I guarantee someone will love the pool you have now even if you do not.

Say it would cost 60 grand total for a demo and rebuild, you could find a new house with pool that you like and probably come out way cheaper...

Just a thought

We have considered the moving options, but we love our house and location! Do not see a move happening, but we never know what the future holds ;)

I've read that demo is around 15-20K and I've got quotes for adding hot tubs that range from 20-30K.. Which is what popped the whole re do idea in my head! Lol!! Although I'm sure it's going to be rather expensive! :(

Find some big guys, hand them some sledge hammers. Tell them there is beer and steaks when they are done tearing the pool out! Let them have fun! Oh and make sure you have somewhere and how to get the old stuff OUT and to another place!

Kim (I have a sad for you that your pool is so young and not what you wanted :( )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.