Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 inch hose parts

1. Back To Top    #1

2 inch hose parts

I replaced my 1.5 inch hose with a 75 foot 2 inch hose. I can't find a skimmer plate that it will attach to. Any ideas why or know where I can find one. Google has failed me.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: 2 inch hose parts

Welcome to TFP Bill,

Not sure what you are talking about here... what exact 1.5 inch hose got replaced? The pool cleaner? I have not heard of any skimmer's being 2 inch, they are all 1.5 inch that I know of..

If something else please let us know
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    Welcome to TFP Bill,

Not sure what you are talking about here... what exact 1.5 inch hose got replaced? The pool cleaner? I have not heard of any skimmer's being 2 inch, they are all 1.5 inch that I know of..

If something else please let us know
    It's the hose that attaches to the vacuum head. I found a vacuum head that will accept a 2 inch hose head, but it doesn't help me if I can't attach it to the skimmer plate.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Casey.

So that adaptor should fit into the two inch nozzle and outside of the 1.5 inch port?

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

it should, once you have the skim vac plate take it to lowes and get an adapter that will work for you.. lowes works because you can always exchange it if it does not work