20'-25' pool suggestions for a newbie

Apr 14, 2016
Bellmawr NJ
Hi,
I just purchased my home and I'd like to get a pool for my kids, 10 and 12. Being a single parent, I'd like to keep it reasonable. Financing would be ideal, but not necessary. Never having a pool, I don't know much about them. I found this site, Best Above Ground Swimming Pools | Liners | Accessories, which seems reasonable. But, I really don't know the quality differences between the models. Any recommendations or suggestions from the veterans on here? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

For around $1000 you can get a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, plus a sand filter and saltwater chlorine generator. This would be a good way to get your feet wet, so to speak, in pool ownership for not much money. You can easily get 4-5 years or more use out of one of these pools.

Then after a few years, upgrade to a metal sided aboveground pool if you find you still have the pool bug.

Intex 22 Ultra Frame Swimming Pool - Walmart.com

Welcome to TFP, Hope you stick around and have fun :)

My recommendation for starting out is almost always Intex pools, they are great for the price and will tell you if you want to continue to have a pool (mine cost about 900 on sale).. if you look at my build in my signature you can see an oval intex pool and just one way you can set it up..

If you want someone to install the pool and set everything up for you then get with a local company to do it, most will not install a pool that was bought elsewhere.

Intex 32 Rectangular Ultra Frame Swimming Pool - Walmart.com

I don't have any experience with that particular company. I purchased my Sharkline Venture pool last year from Pool Supply World. It is a quality pool at a much lower cost than I could fine in stores. One of their associates is on this forum and in the past has offered discount codes. Good luck in your pool search!

I don't have any experience with that particular company. I purchased my Sharkline Venture pool last year from Pool Supply World. It is a quality pool at a much lower cost than I could fine in stores. One of their associates is on this forum and in the past has offered discount codes. Good luck in your pool search!

I love my Sharkline Venture! It's a beautiful pool!

I am a big fan of sunplay.com. Prices are reasonable, great service and they are always happy to answer questions and help out. And they have a real store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.