Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 20'-25' pool suggestions for a newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

20'-25' pool suggestions for a newbie

Hi,
    I just purchased my home and I'd like to get a pool for my kids, 10 and 12. Being a single parent, I'd like to keep it reasonable. Financing would be ideal, but not necessary. Never having a pool, I don't know much about them. I found this site, Best Above Ground Swimming Pools | Liners | Accessories, which seems reasonable. But, I really don't know the quality differences between the models. Any recommendations or suggestions from the veterans on here? Thanks!

Intex Ultra Frame 24x52 AGPIntex sand filter #128645HTH 6-way test kitPool was built and filled week of 6/24/16

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: 20'-25' pool suggestions for a newbie

For around $1000 you can get a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, plus a sand filter and saltwater chlorine generator. This would be a good way to get your feet wet, so to speak, in pool ownership for not much money. You can easily get 4-5 years or more use out of one of these pools.

Then after a few years, upgrade to a metal sided aboveground pool if you find you still have the pool bug.

Intex 22 Ultra Frame Swimming Pool - Walmart.com
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

3. Back To Top    #3

I did have an Intex pool at my old house, so my plan was to get a metal one. My kids are fish, so I know it will get a lot of use.

Intex Ultra Frame 24x52 AGPIntex sand filter #128645HTH 6-way test kitPool was built and filled week of 6/24/16

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP, Hope you stick around and have fun

My recommendation for starting out is almost always Intex pools, they are great for the price and will tell you if you want to continue to have a pool (mine cost about 900 on sale).. if you look at my build in my signature you can see an oval intex pool and just one way you can set it up..

If you want someone to install the pool and set everything up for you then get with a local company to do it, most will not install a pool that was bought elsewhere.

Intex 32 Rectangular Ultra Frame Swimming Pool - Walmart.com
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't have any experience with that particular company. I purchased my Sharkline Venture pool last year from Pool Supply World. It is a quality pool at a much lower cost than I could fine in stores. One of their associates is on this forum and in the past has offered discount codes. Good luck in your pool search!
    My pool: Sharkline Venture 24' x 52" ; Pentair Dynamo 1 HP 2 Speed Pump ; Pentair SD80 Sand Filter; TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Ledvedder View Post
    I did have an Intex pool at my old house, so my plan was to get a metal one. My kids are fish, so I know it will get a lot of use.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Never having a pool, I don't know much about them

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by callie_grace View Post
    I don't have any experience with that particular company. I purchased my Sharkline Venture pool last year from Pool Supply World. It is a quality pool at a much lower cost than I could fine in stores. One of their associates is on this forum and in the past has offered discount codes. Good luck in your pool search!
    I love my Sharkline Venture! It's a beautiful pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I love my Sharkline Venture! It's a beautiful pool!
    Did you also get the equipment from that site? Or are there sites that have better equipment prices?

9. Back To Top    #9

I am a big fan of sunplay.com. Prices are reasonable, great service and they are always happy to answer questions and help out. And they have a real store.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

We really like our 24' Sharkline. SO far so good, going into year 4
    24x54 Sharkline Matrix
    Hayward 1 hp Powermax single speed pump
    Hayward ec50ac DE filter