lost in France

Hi all - still muddling along with dip tests and your help......:D

Would appreciate some 'gut feeling' 'seat of the pants' type help

FC +/- 7 pH 7.3 today

Pool up to 22°c (73F) and clear but not crystal. Slightest of green tinge to water (beige tiles) and very local algae bloom on walls. Polaris bag green!

Filter and SWG running 7hrs/24. SWG produces 24g/hr....or should.

Under 'normal circumstances how long should SWG need to run?

Have dipped pool for salt (Nacl) and it gives 0.8g/l...very low. Added 1 g/l salt and SWG cut out salt too high! Called manufacturer and he said lower salt....I did, back to +/- 0.8g/l and running again.

What else can make salt readings unreliable? and at low levels of Nacl will SWG actually produce the cl it says?

Your thoughts much appreciated.

if the SWG is happy and running you are fine, I am already running 12 hours at 75% SWG but my water is 90 degrees.. how much CYA do you have

some SWG's can be finicky and want a higher salt level, but that can also be a sign of the cell going out if it is very far off.. if the cell thinks its 3000 and your test says 5000 its close to being gone..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.