Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Saying I've seen here.. " you can tell by just looking"

1. Back To Top    #1

Saying I've seen here.. " you can tell by just looking"

When your pool is balanced, some say they can tell by just looking at it. What do you see? Mine is sparkling some what ...well like alligator skin type diamonds when the sun shines on it...??? Just wondering
    Last edited by inciter; 04-13-2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Spellings
    loc: San Diego (IG) (DE) 12000 Gallons (Knowledge: first time new Owner)
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable / Pentair FILTER FNS-48
    TF100 & Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Saying I've seen here.. " you can tell by just looking"

Oddly and I can't make sense of it, but when my pH gets a little too high it seems the sparkle improves after I fix it with a dose of MA. I can't fathom why or if its my imagination...but it seems work. And yet my pool hasn't lost its clearness, it just seems that it gets *better*.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

When you get to know your pool, one day it may just look different and you think, hmmm. It takes a while to understand your pool. I think the signs vary.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Oddly and I can't make sense of it, but when my pH gets a little too high it seems the sparkle improves after I fix it with a dose of MA. I can't fathom why or if its my imagination...but it seems work. And yet my pool hasn't lost its clearness, it just seems that it gets *better*.
    Same
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Me three.............I keep a full log of my tests that includes the weather conditions. That alone has helped me know my pool. I have done it long enough I can SEE when the PH needs to be adjusted.

Those jewel sparkles are like none other in making me happy!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Once you get that really sparkly pool, it's pretty easy to tell when it starts to fade. In my case, about a 4 ppm dose of extra chlorine (CYA 50 ppm) always seemed to bring it back overnight.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Once you get that really sparkly pool, it's pretty easy to tell when it starts to fade. In my case, about a 4 ppm dose of extra chlorine (CYA 50 ppm) always seemed to bring it back overnight.
    Same, again. A jug of bleach raises my FC by 4 ppm, very handy. When my PH is perfect and it needs a little extra pizzazz I can add a jug of bleach and pick it right up.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy
    Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Same
    I'll triple that motion
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

Ditto.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC