Jan 8, 2016
Pearland, Texas
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My Stenner pump trips randomly. It may run for several days without a trip. I run it up to 60 minutes twice a day for a total of 120 minutes. Its the 10 GPD size Stenner.

When it first happened I got me a GFCI circuit tester and it shows that the circuit is wired correctly.

See below for some additional information to see if anyone can share any ideas.

The pump is connected to the Pentair EZ Touch panel to the spare relay. I am using a GFCI breaker. I wired the white breaker pigtail to the neutral bar. Then out of the breaker, I ran one wire directly to an external outlet. The outlet is a "waterproof" type outlet. The other wire comes out of the breaker and connects to the panel relay. Out of the panel relay it goes to the external outlet to complete the circuit. I am bringing the green ground from the external outlet into the EZ touch ground bar.

Thanks to all for your input. This is a great forum !

Ok I am confused. This is a 120 V AC circuit correct?

There are no other GFCI circuits in the EZ touch panel? Yes no?

The white pigtail coming out of the breaker is attached to the panel neutral bar? Yes no?

You run a single weaterproof outlet off the relay?

You should have a black wire run from the load power screw on the breaker to the relay line connection. Then black wire from relay load to line power connection ( brass) on outlet. White wire directly from outlet neutral (silver) to breaker neutral. Connect the ground wire (it must be insulated) to easy touch ground. Is that what you have?

Part of the problem could be the relay in the middle of the circuit. The relay may be causing a difference in the current between the neutral and the power lines at the breaker. So the GFCI trips. I would not do it this way. I would dump the GFCI breaker and use a regular breaker. Mine just runs off the breaker it shares with Jandy automation panel.

Regular beaker to relay then to all weather GFCI outlet in all weather box and cover (I only buy the all metal boxes). That way the relay is not part of the GFCI circuit. Make sense?

Buy the way my pool lights and utility outlets and Steener are all on one circuit. The Margarita machine has its own dedicated circuit.

Yes, I have like you are describing. I am using the GFCI because of code issues. However, my patience is running thin and I may dump the GFCI and replace it with regular breaker. It could be a small drain from the Stenner or like you said an issue with the relay.I thought about getting an low current meter to test the circuit but I don't want to spend the money for something I may use once or twice.

I appreciate your quick response.

I see that you have your priorities right with that Margarita machine. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.