Thread: Blue Cloudy water

1. Back To Top    #1

wellborn, florida

Blue Cloudy water

7.3 PH
    120 TA
    35 CYA
    80 CH

Pool is blue, but looks as if someone poured milk into it. Used it all last summer, with no problems. Over the winter, it got quite a bunch of leaves and debris in it. I have gotten all the leaves out, but can't seem to get the really small particles out. Wondering If I should drain it. Or if there is a way to filter better. I have been running filter 24/7. The filter and the SWG are brand new, and not for sure which direction to go. Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.
    16x48 Coleman, Vinyl, Above ground pool approx 6000 gallons, with an intex model SF60110 6amp 9275 LPH (2450 GPH), and Intex SWG model cs8110, Taylor2006 testing Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blue Cloudy water

With the FC level that low and cloudy water, it would appear you have an algae bloom. Fortunately you have a low CYA, so no dump necessary. You should be able to beat it in a few days by doing a SLAM. Read this article carefully and let us know if you have any questions: Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

You should also lower your TA and raise your PH a bit, but the algae is the priority right now.

Further reading:
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    28k IG gunnite/diamond brite pool built May 2015, K2006 test kit w/ SpeedStir & Salt
    AquaCal Autopilot Digital Salt Chlorine Generator
    Pentair STA-RITE DE Filter
    Pentair Intellipro VS main pump/ MAX-E-PRO waterfall pump
    Pentair UltraTemp Heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern IL

Also, you can use a 10ml water sample for the FC/CC test and then multiply your drop count by 0.5. It will save on reagents.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

Did you use the Taylor 2006 test kit? .6 FC and .4 cc doesn't sound right. Did you use the 10 ml test and multiple X .5?...redo those t St and repost the results.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Also, you can use a 10ml water sample for the FC/CC test and then multiply your drop count by 0.5. It will save on reagents.
    Lol sorryMarion, we musta been typing at same time...
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Nice work everyone!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach