Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Post Lantern by Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Post Lantern by Pool

I am getting a new pool installed and I'm contemplating getting a hook up for a post lantern. I have flood lights on the back of my house. Do people get post lanterns by the pool or is it outdated? Or is it not normally needed due to the light from the pool. We are getting the Pentair 5g lights.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Post Lantern by Pool

Not sure how the bug situation is in the NE, but here in TX there are lots of times where we cannot turn the pool light on or we will be attacked by bugs. We have some lights away from the pool that light up the area which is extra handy because it also attracts the bugs away from the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I LOVE the look! Not the bugs so much LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Only thing I light by the pool is tiki torches full of citronella.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh, yes, I forgot about those. We have tikis on sticks too.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks, I didn't even consider the bug situation!